|Professor - Frost, Dan
- Mineral elastic properties and their use in interpreting seismic data on the Earth’s interior.
- The behaviour of volatile elements in the Earth.
- The redox state of the mantle.
- The accretion and differentiation of Earth and the terrestrial planets.
- The rheology of mantle rocks.
- Phase transformations.
- Thermodynamic properties of minerals, fluids and melts.
- 1992 – 1995 Department of Earth Sciences, University of Bristol
- 1996 – 1997 Post doctoral research associate at the Geophysical Laboratory, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Washington D.C., USA
- 1997 – 2012 Staff Scientist at the Bayerisches Geoinstitut, University of Bayreuth, Germany. Permanent (A13) in 2001, A14 in 2004, Academic Director (A15) in 2007
- 2012 – Professor of Experimental Geosciences W3, Bayerisches Geoinstitut, University of Bayreuth (Deputy Director)
- 2015 – Director of the Bayerisches Geoinstitut
- 2002 Max Hey Medal of the Mineralogical Society of Great Britain
- 2006 MSA award of the Mineralogical Society of America
- 2006 James B. Macelwane Medal of the American Geophysical Union
- 2009 European Research Council, Advanced Grant. “Deep Earth Elastic Properties and a Universal Pressure Scale”. 2 million Euros over 5 years
- 2011 Arnold Sommerfeld Prize, Bavarian Academy of Sciences
- 2004 – 2007 Associate editor for Geophysical Research Letters
- 2010 – EAG council member and communications committee chair
- 2012 – 2013 Proposal review committee of the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility
- 2015 Science committee of the 2015 Goldschmidt meeting
- 2015 – Chair of the ‘Elements’ executive committee
|updated: Oct. 13th 2015 Complete List
- Pamato MG, Myhill R, Ballaran TB, Frost DJ, Heidelbach F, Miyajima N (2015) Lower-mantle water reservoir implied by the extreme stability of a hydrous aluminosilicate. Nature Geoscience 8: 75 – 79
- Soustelle V, Walte NP, Manthilake MAGM, Frost DJ (2014) Melt migration and melt-rock reactions in the deforming Earth's upper mantle: Experiments at high pressure and temperature. Geology, 42: 83-86.
- Trots DM, Kurnosov A, Ballaran TB, Tkachev S, Zhuravlev K, Prakapenka V, Berkowski M, Frost DJ (2013) The Sm:YAG primary fluorescence pressure scale. Journal of Geophysical Research- Solid Earth, 118: 5805-5813.
- Stagno V, Ojwang DO, McCammon CA, Frost DJ (2013) The oxidation state of the mantle and the extraction of carbon from Earth’s interior. Nature 493: 84 – 88
- van Mierlo WL, Langenhorst F, Frost DJ, Rubie DC (2013) Stagnation of subducting slabs in the transition zone due to slow diffusion in majoritic garnet. Nature Geoscience 6: 400 – 403