|Professor - Frost, Dan
- Mineral elastic properties and their use in interpreting seismic data on the Earth's interior.
- The behaviour of volatile elements in the Earth.
- The redox state of the mantle.
- The accretion and differentiation of Earth and the terrestrial planets.
- The rheology of mantle rocks.
- Phase transformations.
- Thermodynamic properties of minerals, fluids and melts.
|1992 – 1995 ||Department of Earth Sciences, University of Bristol Ph.D. |
|1996 – 1997 ||Post doctoral research associate at the Geophysical Laboratory, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Washington D.C., USA |
|1997 – 2012 ||Staff Scientist at the Bayerisches Geoinstitut, University of Bayreuth, Germany. Permanent (A13) in 2001, A14 in 2004, Academic Director (A15) in 2007 |
|2012 – ||Professor of Experimental Geosciences W3, Bayerisches Geoinstitut, University of Bayreuth |
|2015 – 2018 ||Director of the Bayerisches Geoinstitut |
|2002 ||Max Hey Medal of the Mineralogical Society of Great Britain |
|2006 ||MSA award of the Mineralogical Society of America |
|2006 ||James B. Macelwane Medal of the American Geophysical Union |
|2009 ||European Research Council, Advanced Grant. “Deep Earth Elastic Properties and a Universal Pressure Scale” |
|2011 ||Arnold Sommerfeld Prize, Bavarian Academy of Sciences |
|2016 ||Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz-Prize of the DFG |
|2018 ||EAG-GS Geochemistry Fellow |
|2004 – 2007 ||Associate editor for Geophysical Research Letters |
|2010 – 2015 ||EAG council member and communications committee chair |
|2015 – 2017 ||Chair of the joint EAG-GS Geochemical Fellows Award Committee |
|2015 ||Science committee member of the 2015 Goldschmidt meeting |
|2015 – ||ERC Starting grants review panel |
|2015 – ||Chair of the executive committee for ‘Elements Magazine’ |
|2017 – ||Selection committee for Alexander von Humboldt Professorships |
|2018 – ||Chair of the organising committee for the Goldschmidt Meeting 2021 |
- Armstrong K, Frost DJ, McCammon CM, Rubie DC, Boffa-Ballaran T (2019) Deep magma ocean formation set the oxidation state of Earth's mantle. Science 365: 903-906.
- Grüninger H, Liu Z, Siegel R, Boffa Ballaran T, Katsura T, Senker J, Frost DJ (2019) Oxygen vacancy ordering in aluminous bridgmanite in the Earth's lower mantle. Geophysical Research Letters, 46: 8731–8740.
- Beyer C, Frost DJ (2017) The depth of sub-lithospheric diamond formation and the redistribution of carbon in the deep mantle. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 461: 30-39.
- Kurnosov A, Marquardt H, Frost DJ, Boffa Ballaran T, Ziberna L (2017) Evidence for a Fe3+-rich lower mantle from Al-Fe-bridgmanite elasticity data. Nature, 543: 543-546.
- Rubie DC, Laurenz V, Jacobson SA, Morbidelli A, Palme H, Vogel AK, Frost DJ (2016) Highly siderophile elements were stripped from Earth's mantle by iron sulfide segregation. Science, 353: 1141-1144.
Download complete publications list:
Frost_Publications_2020.pdf (March 2020)